Monday, November 21, 2011

Pinterest- the best way to waste time!

Please tell me you have heard about Pinterest? You haven’t?!! Well, let me just tell you, this is the new wave of wasting time! It really is a very useful website, so don’t let me make it seem like I am putting it down by any means. But if you aren’t careful, you could lose a whole afternoon immersed in this thing.
This website is the idea giver, I like to say. Anything from fashion to recipes to DIY projects to music; millions of ideas!  The best way to explain it is for example you are on Paula Deen’s website and you see the absolute best recipe for wonton soup, you can save and share this with the rest of the Pinterest world by “pinning it” to your Pinterest bulletin board! A picture of the wonton soup will show up and you can put a short description of what it is and bam! That recipe is saved and shared with the world! Next time you want to get to that recipe, you find the picture, click on it and you will be taken back to Paula Deen’s website!
Ok, ok I might not be doing a very good job at explaining this AMAZING creation that is called Pinterest. You might just have to check it out for yourself!
You will first get a preview into the website, you won’t be able to “pin” anything but at least it will show you what you are about to get into! Or if you want to go to the real explanations of Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/about/
The one odd thing about Pinterest is that you have to be “invited” to join. I’m not sure why just yet but either way if you would like an invitation to this great creation feel free to email me at leshianne@gmail.com with your email address and I would love to get you addicted too!

No comments:

Post a Comment