Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hi .. My name is Melody and I am addicted to Caffeine


I love soda. My favorite is probably Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper. I know it's bad for me and I shouldn't drink so much of it but I almost have to wonder and here's why...

I am trying to cut back and haven't had any soda for the last few days. Not a drop. I am doing my best to try and drink lots of water. Crystal Light has become my new BFF. My saving grace has probably has been that my 13 year old son doesn't drink soda. He certainly didn't get the water drinking habit from me but I am so glad that he doesn't because it makes it easier not to have it in the house. I have never drank coffee so that makes this much easier I suppose. But last night I woke up with the worst Charlie Horse ever. I thought that Charlie Horses were caused from being dehydrated. If I have ever been hydrated, it is this week so that doesn't make sense to me. After talking to one of my favorite residents today, she told me that the reason that I am having the cramps is because of lack of caffeine??? Huh?

She said that since I haven't had any caffeine that my body is pulling from my muscles. I guess that makes sense but I need more information to validate that. I googled "Caffeine" and Wikipedia gave me 29 pages of reading for this evening. So I guess I will update you on what I find later but wish me luck.

Until next time,
Melody

1 comment:

  1. Melody,
    I have some tips for you and they will help. You need to drink water in portions of your day. Get a 16oz water bottle and refilled 4x a day. Your leg cramps are because you are dehydrated. Cranberry and Pomegranate juices are excellent anti-oxidants’ and will purge system. Take your time cutting back on caffeine, your body needs to adjust. Just take it in smaller portions otherwise you will have migraines... you body has to be fed with what it has become adjusted to and it is okay. Let your body tell you what to do and just be careful and wean yourself. Just my advice.
    Christopher (Joanne's #1 son) :)

    ReplyDelete