Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's important to give back ...



I started working for the Fogelman’s in 2004 and before then I never really gave charities a second thought. Sure I would donate money to the Red Cross people at Christmas time, but never really got involved in really helping, or caring. Until one day a few years back, when one of my co-workers asked if I would like to help at the Ronald McDonald house so I thought what the heck. It was an expectance I would never forget. It seemed as though someone just hit me up side my head and woke me up. Needless to say, after that one day my family and I have been involved with the RMHC on a regular basis. Every quarter, I donate half of my check to the kids and families, and prepare food for them. And at Christmas time I also give half my check to help make sure that the kids, and the families have an extra something to smile about. Until you get involved and see what other people have to go through in life, you will never understand. And I owe it all to the Fogelman Family for helping me open my eyes to what’s really happening in the world, and understanding that caring isn’t such a bad thing. So with that being said I need to give the entire Fogelman family a big thank you for opening my eyes that were once shut. If just regular people like me don’t care, who will?

Steve Fanning

No comments:

Post a Comment